As an experienced Albuquerque, NM roofing company we must say that the perfect color for a metal roof is always the one that complements the look of your home.
In 2023, metal roofing will be more popular than ever in a variety of colors and styles.
Here are the most popular metal roof colors you should consider for your home in 2024.
Most Popular Metal Roof Colors To Consider
Without further ado, let’s take a deep look. We will suggest some of the most popular and trendiest options you can choose for your upcoming metal roof. Including different color combinations with different types of metal roofing, so you can select the one that best fits your needs and requirements.
1) Brick Exterior With A Red Metal Roof
Brick exteriors are a popular choice for homes, offering a classic and timeless aesthetic that can last for decades. When paired with a red metal roof, the overall look can be striking and impressive. Here are some further details on popular metal roof colors for brick exteriors:
- Bright Red: A bright red metal roof is a bold and daring choice that pairs well with the classic look of brick. This color adds a pop of color and personality to the home’s exterior, making it stand out from the crowd. A bright red metal roof can create a cheerful and welcoming atmosphere, and it works particularly well with traditional and Colonial-style homes.
- Burnished Slate: Burnished slate is a warm and earthy color that complements the reddish hues of brick. This color is versatile and stylish, offering a subtle and understated option for a metal roof. It works well with a variety of brick shades and can create a cozy and inviting look for the home.
- Dark Brown: A dark brown metal roof is a classic and timeless choice that creates a warm and inviting look. This color works well with the traditional charm of brick, creating a cohesive and harmonious look for the home’s exterior. It is a safe choice that can add value and appeal to any brick home.
- Charcoal Gray: For those who prefer a more modern and sleek look, charcoal gray is a popular choice for brick exteriors. This color provides a contemporary contrast to the texture of brick and gives the home a stylish edge. It works particularly well with homes that have a minimalist or industrial aesthetic.
- Black: Black metal roofs can add drama and sophistication to any brick home. This color can create a sense of elegance and formality, and it pairs well with both traditional and modern brick exteriors. Black metal roofs are particularly well-suited to homes with white or light-colored trim, creating a striking contrast that catches the eye.
Final Thoughts About Our 3 Combination: In summary, a red metal roof can add vibrancy and charm to a brick home, and there are a variety of metal roof colors to choose from that can complement the brick exterior and elevate the overall look of your home.
2) Stucco Exterior With A White Metal Roof
Stucco exteriors offer a sleek and contemporary look that has grown in popularity in recent years. When paired with a white metal roof, the overall effect can be striking and elegant. Here are some further details on popular metal roof colors for stucco exteriors:
- Bright White: A bright white metal roof is a clean and crisp choice that complements the smooth and simple look of stucco. This color can create a fresh and modern aesthetic, and it works particularly well with homes that have a minimalist or Scandinavian-inspired design. It can also help reflect sunlight, keeping your home cooler in hot climates.
- Light Gray: For those who prefer a more subtle and understated look, light gray is a popular choice for stucco exteriors. This color works well with the neutral tones of stucco and can create a cohesive and harmonious exterior. It can also add a touch of sophistication to the home, while still maintaining a minimalist and understated vibe.
- Matte Black: For a sleek and minimalist look, matte black metal roofs can provide a bold contrast to the texture of stucco and create a sophisticated vibe. This color is perfect for those who want a striking and dramatic look, and it can complement a variety of stucco colors. Matte black metal roofs can work well with both modern and traditional stucco exteriors.
- Dark Blue: Dark blue metal roofs can add depth and dimension to stucco exteriors, creating a rich and vibrant look. This color works well with homes that have a coastal or nautical theme, and it can add a touch of personality and charm to the home’s exterior. Dark blue metal roofs can also help bring out the blue tones in stucco, creating a cohesive and harmonious look.
- Light Green: For those who want to add a touch of nature and serenity to their stucco home, a light green metal roof can do just that. This color pairs well with the earthy tones of stucco and can create a calming and inviting atmosphere. It works particularly well with homes that have a modern or farmhouse-inspired design.
Final Thoughts About Our 2nd Combination: To conclude, a white metal roof can add to the chic and simple look of stucco exteriors. There are numerous metal roof colors available that can bring out the beauty of your home – be it bold and remarkable or subtle yet stylish. With all these possibilities at hand, you’re sure to find one shade that will amplify your stucco house perfectly!
3) Wood Siding With A Green Steel Roof
Wood siding is a timeless and classic choice for any home, but if you desire to make an even bolder statement, pair it with a green metal roof!
This pairing will create an awe-inspiring natural look that’s sure to have all your neighbors talking.
To learn more about the perfect colors for a wood siding exterior combined with metal roofing, keep reading below.
- Forest Green: Forest green is a popular choice for wood siding exteriors. This color complements the warm and earthy tones of the wood siding and adds a touch of natural beauty to the exterior. Forest green metal roofs can create a rustic and inviting feel to the home’s exterior, especially in a wooded or natural setting.
- Light Gray: If you’re looking for a more neutral and cohesive look, a light gray metal roof can work well with the various shades of wood and create a harmonious and balanced look for the home. This color can help to create a sleek and modern aesthetic that still feels grounded in nature.
- Charcoal Gray: For those aiming for a more modern and sophisticated vibe, charcoal grey is the perfect hue to be paired with wood siding exteriors. This color creates a sleek contrast that makes your home look stylish yet warm. It’s a daring choice that can make an impression and give it an elegant but cutting-edge feel!
Final Thoughts About Our 3rd Combination: Opting for a combination of wood siding and a green metal roof is the ultimate decision to add timeless elegance and sophistication to your home. Whether you’re after an earthy, rustic charm or modern lines, there are plenty of hues available in the selection that will accentuate the beauty of wood siding while amplifying the glamour of your residence overall.
4) Stone Exterior With A Brown Metal Roof
- Dark Bronze: A warm and rich color that complements the earthy tones of stone, dark bronze metal roofs can create a cozy and inviting look for the home’s exterior.
- Burnished Slate: A versatile and stylish choice, burnished slate can work well with both the warm and cool tones of stone and create a cohesive and balanced exterior.
- Forest Green: For a more natural and organic look, forest green complements the outdoor surroundings of the stone exterior and creates a cohesive connection with nature.
5) Modern Exterior With A Gray Metal Roof
- Charcoal Gray: A sleek and contemporary choice, charcoal gray metal roofs can provide a stylish and modern look that complements the clean lines and minimalist design of a modern exterior.
- Light Gray: For a softer and more understated look, light gray can create a more subtle contrast to the modern design and create a harmonious exterior.
- Matte Black: For a bold and dramatic statement, matte black metal roofs can create a striking contrast to the modern design and add a touch of sophistication to the exterior.
6) Farmhouse Exterior With A Copper Metal Roof
- Classic Copper: A timeless and distinctive choice, copper metal roofs can create a beautiful patina over time that adds character and charm to a farmhouse exterior.
- Forest Green: A popular choice for farmhouse exteriors, forest green metal roofs can complement the natural surroundings and create a warm and inviting look.
- Dark Bronze: A sophisticated and elegant choice, dark bronze can add a touch of modern flair to the traditional charm of a farmhouse exterior.
7) Coastal Exterior With A Blue Metal Roof
- Sky Blue: A fresh and airy choice, sky blue metal roofs can complement the coastal surroundings and create a bright and inviting look for the home’s exterior.
- Navy Blue: For a more dramatic and sophisticated look, navy blue metal roofs can create a bold contrast to the coastal surroundings and add a touch of elegance to the exterior.
- Burnished Slate: For a more subdued and neutral look, burnished slate can create a cohesive and harmonious connection to the natural surroundings and create a subtle contrast to the coastal
8) Craftsman Exterior With A Bronze Metal Roof
- Dark Bronze: A popular choice for craftsman exteriors, dark bronze metal roofs can add a touch of elegance and sophistication to the traditional design.
- Rustic Red: For a more rustic and cozy look, rustic red metal roofs can create a warm and inviting exterior that complements the natural materials of the craftsman design.
- Burnished Slate: A versatile and stylish choice, burnished slate can work well with both the warm and cool tones of the craftsman design and create a balanced and cohesive exterior.
9) Tudor Exterior With A Black Metal Roof
- Matte Black: A sleek and modern choice, matte black metal roofs can create a sophisticated and contemporary look that contrasts the traditional style of a Tudor exterior.
- Dark Bronze: For a more classic and timeless look, dark bronze metal roofs can create a warm and inviting exterior that complements the traditional materials and design of a Tudor home.
- Charcoal Gray: A popular choice for Tudor exteriors, charcoal gray metal roofs can provide a modern contrast to the traditional design and create a sophisticated and stylish look for the home’s exterior.
10) Victorian Exterior With A Green Metal Roof
- Forest Green: A popular choice for Victorian exteriors, forest green metal roofs can complement the ornate and elaborate design of the home and add a touch of natural beauty to the exterior.
- Sage Green: For a more muted and understated look, sage green metal roofs can create a subtle and sophisticated contrast to the intricate details of Victorian design.
- Light Gray: For a more neutral and cohesive look, light gray metal roofs can work well with the various colors and materials of the Victorian exterior and create a harmonious and balanced look for the home.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Metal Roof Color
Now that you know some of the most popular metal roof colors for a variety of exteriors, there are a few key factors to consider when making your decision.
Certainly! Here are the 7 points that you should consider when choosing a metal roof color:
The climate in your region is an important factor to consider when choosing a metal roof color. If you live in a hot climate, you may want to choose a lighter color that reflects sunlight and heat. Read more about the Metal Roof Colors To Beat The Heat. On the other hand, if you live in a colder climate, you may want to choose a darker color that absorbs heat and helps to melt snow and ice.
The architectural style of your home should also be taken into consideration when choosing a metal roof color. If you have a traditional home, you may want to choose a color that complements the style of your home. If you have a modern home, you can explore more daring color options to make a statement.
The neighborhood where you live can also influence your color choice. If you live in an area with strict homeowner rules and regulations, you may be limited to certain color options. In addition, the color of your metal roof should also complement the color schemes of the surrounding houses.
Ultimately, your personal preference plays a significant role in the color decision of your metal roof. Choose a color that you like and that makes you feel happy and at home. After all, you’ll be looking at your roof every day, so make sure it’s something you enjoy.
Some colors might require more maintenance than others. Lighter colors often show dirt and debris more readily than darker colors, while darker colors may fade over time. Make sure to factor in maintenance requirements when making your color decision.
The cost of the roof itself and the color you choose are important to consider. Some colors may be more expensive than others, as are some kinds of metal that can be used for roofing. However, a quality metal roof with a striking color can be a great investment for your home.
Finally, resale value is an important consideration. An attractive and well-maintained metal roof can add value to your home, and choosing a popular or classic color can help your property sell more quickly if you ever decide to put it on the market.
With our years of roofing expertise, we are confident that the best color for a metal roof is completely dependent on the homeowner’s individual tastes and design sensibilities.
No matter which option you choose, an updated metal roof will not only improve the look of your home but will also provide lasting protection and energy efficiency.
Overall, We hope this article has given you some inspiration to help you decide what type of metal roof color would be best for your home in 2024!
If you need help deciding, contact a professional roofing company in your area for expert advice and service. Good Luck!